PAMPERING YOUR LOVED ONES WITH VEGAN FOODS AND CAKES
Sophie • June 18th, 2018
“Vegan foods”, “vegan diet”, “gluten free diet”, and“guilt-free diet”: all these are the craze of today among the fitness enthusiasts. We have a story in the back of our mind that following these will bid adieu to flab belly. But, how many of us actually know what each of these terms actually means?
“Vegan foods” are simply foods without any chicken or non-organic substance. Commonly, meat, red meats, poultry products, fishes and sea-foods are primarily avoided in vegan diet.
“Gluten-free diet” basically means eliminating the gluten protein from your daily intake-list. Wheat and Wheat Germ, Graham flour, Rye, Farina, Bulgar, Barley, Couscous are the ingredients where Gluten are found in opulence.
Among this craze of getting fit and constantly craving for junk foods, the saver is only something in-between; that slice of heaven that taste well and also, doesn’t backstab your liver. And Vegan cakes are that perfect missing-link. Vegan foods not only help you in one way but you can call it an overall safeguard of your long-term health.
Vegan cakes take care of:
• Increased energy level
• Healthy weight loss
• Better sleep
• Better digestion
• Improved cholesterol level
• Stops binge eating
• Prevention of auto-immune diseases
• Better circulation of serotonin
• Works as anti-allergic sometimes
Here are some of the best-picked recipes of Vegan Cakes for your loved ones:
1. Vegan Vanilla Cake with Strawberry: We all more or less had a conception that a cake cannot be fluffy and can’t retain its moisture while staying eggfree. If you’re also among the believers, this is a must-try cake for you. The base will be made of all-purpose flour, sugar, olive oil, vanilla, vinegar, baking soda, soy milk, and salt. There’s a good chance of this cake to serve as a weapon for your next fight. But, with constant practice and proper adjustment of the flour quantity will give you the perfect fluffy texture.
For the frosting part, go for whipped cream, powdered sugar, little amount of unsalted melted butter. Make a 2-layer topping. First, cut fresh strawberries and top the cake with it. Then, spread the second layer of sprinklings all over the Vegan cake.
2. Minimalist Chocolate Vegan Cake: Chocolate cake is like that white shirt of yours that is always there to back your presentation days on when all the other suits are at the laundry, not properly ironed or your flabby tummy has betrayed you at the eleventh moment.
Yes, there’s a vegan version of chocolate birthday cake as well and you won’t get to differentiate between the tastes. There are multiple variations of this classic Chocolate vegan cake: black forest, Nutella cake, Devil's food, white forest, Chocolate soufflé, German chocolate cake, Flourless chocolate cake etc.
For any of these recipes, keep the base generalized and as simple as possible. A minimalistic base can be of white flour, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, xylitol, baking soda, pure vanilla extract, puree of buttermilk, strawberry and banana (optional for an ombre flavor), almond butter and salt.
3. Vegan gluten-free carrot cake: Vegan is better than heavy-baked; gluten-free vegan is better than only vegan. Carrot itself is an extremely high source of Antioxidants and Omega 3 fatty acid, cancer- preventive, it takes care of the cardiac health, prevent brain-freeze and prevent brain-diseases.
Things you’ll need for this recipe: finely grated carrot, coconut oil, sun coconut sugar, unsweetened applesauce, flax eggs (No! This is not an egg. Flax egg is a vegetarian substitute made from 1 part of flaxseed meal and 3 part of water, so it is still eggfree), salt, baking soda and baking powder, almond flour, chopped walnuts, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, brown sugar and unsweetened almond milk.
In this gluten free birthday cake, applesauce can replace oil if needed. A mixture of cane sugar and brown sugar brings out the best texture of the cake. Also, you can use almond milk or light coconut oil; whichever you like the better.
If you are looking for best cakes in Melbourne, Isher Bakers has got the best and the yummy ones!!